When looking for the best ab workouts for women you need to know these important tips.
1. Work your entire core. Your core is the trunk muscles of your abdomen, lower back, and pelvis, is a whole system that supports your body as you stand up straight, perform everyday activities, and work out. With all of these responsibilities it makes it important to keep those strong. At the very least, you should strengthen the spinal erectors of the lower back to balance out your abs, which will help your posture and reduce the risk of back pain. A full body workout will make you look and feel better.
2. Take it slow. When you’re doing crunches or other ab-focused exercises, it’s easy to speed up and lose proper form, especially when you start to get tired. Let gravity take you up and down or use your upper body to get you through it. To get maximum benefit you should do controlled movements. And keep the abdominals contracted the entire time. After all, they’re the ones that should be doing the work. When you can’t do any more reps with the proper form, it’s time to stop.
3. Don’t overdo it. Great abs don’t come with thousands of crunches or ab focused workouts only. But directly working your abs too often can do more harm than good. Like any muscle, the abdominals need to recover between workouts. If you find you aren’t improving the number of reps you can do or the amount of weight you can handle, that’s a sign that you’re over training, and you need to cut back.
4. Don’t neglect the rest of your body. Doing full body workouts is the best workout to do for the abs. Full body workouts like push ups and squats require the abs to work just as hard as the muscle you are focusing on. Working on the entire body will burn way more calories which helps get the metabolism reved up. Ab exercises for women are great but a full body workout is the way to go.
5. Lose the fat to make your abs flat.No matter how much you strengthen your abdominal muscles, the only way to get a flat midsection is to lose body fat. That’s going to require a diet that’s high in protein and fiber, low in simple carbs, and full of bulky, nutrient-dense foods that keep you full with fewer calories—and of course, plenty of water. If you have a meal plan going on then you need to follow it without any excuses. The combination of a total body workout along with a clean diet will get you the flat sexy abs you worked so hard to get.
If you want to get in shape and work on the trouble areas women have then the best ab exercises for women are the ones that work the entire body.
Filed under: Product reviews and shopping